Hugglescote & Donington Le Heath is required, in accordance with the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 to complete an Annual Return setting out Accounting Statements and an Annual Governance Statement for each financial year.
The relevant documents and notices can be accessed below
These statements and their supporting documentation are audited by the Council's Internal Auditor and an External Auditor.
2018-19 Financial Information
2017-18 Financial Information
- 2017-18 Notice of Audit (Word Document, 22 Kb)
- 2017-18 Notice of Conclusion of Audit (PDF, 484 Kb)
Notice of conclusion of Audit 2017 18
- 2017-18 Audit Report and Certificate (PDF, 313 Kb)
Audit Report and Certificate
- 2017 18 Audit return (PDF, 4.3 Mb)
Audit documentation for the financial year ending 31 March 2018
The accounts and supporting documentation will be available for public inspection from Monday 4 June to Friday 13 July 2018
Separate advertisement give full details and information about public rights
- 2017 18 Internal Auditors report (PDF, 3.1 Mb)
2017/18 Internal Auditors report
2016-17 Financial Information
- 2016-17 Notice of Audit (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
- 2016-17 Audit Declaration (PDF, 181 Kb)
- 2016-17 Accounting Statement (PDF, 480 Kb)
- 2016-17 Audit Governance Statement (PDF, 540 Kb)
- 201617 Income & Expenditure Acount (PDF, 1.3 Mb)
- Budget 2016-17 (PDF, 204 Kb)
- 2016-17 Internal Auditors Report (PDF, 873 Kb)
- 2016-17 Conclusion of Audit notice (PDF, 491 Kb)
2016/17 Notice of Conclusion of Audit
- 2016-17 Audited Annual Return (PDF, 1.8 Mb)
2016-17 Audited Return
- Annual Return 201516 Audited (PDF, 2.8 Mb)
- Financial Regulations 2016 review (PDF, 122 Kb)
Financial Regulations 2016
A Parish Council Precept is a tax charged on each property in a parish, and is seen on your Council Tax bill. It is used to fund all the activities that a Parish Council undertakes for the benefit of the community.
Each January this Council's precept is agreed by Members through a process of setting budgets which forecast the expected expenditure and income for the following financial year. The precept is collected by the District Council on behalf of the parish council in the form of Council Tax, to which all of the Parish electorate contribute.
Risk is the threat that an event or action will adversely affect an organisation's ability to achieve its objectives and to successfully execute its strategies. Risk management is the process by which risks are identified, evaluated and controlled. It is a key element of the framework of governance together with community focus, structures and processes, standards of conduct and service delivery arrangements.
This document has been produced to enable the Parish Council to assess the risks that it faces and satisfy itself that it has taken adequate steps to minimise them. The Council is aware although some risks can never be eliminated fully, it has in place a strategy that provides a structured, systematic and focused approach to managing risk which:
- Identifies the key risks facing the Council
- Identifies what he risk may be
- Identifies the level of risk
- Evaluates the management and control of the risk and records findings
- Reviews, assesses and revises procedures if required.
- Risk Management (PDF, 187 Kb)
Grounds Maintenance Charges
Under the Local Government Transparency Code 2014, local authorities were required to publish data which also applied to Parish Councils which have a gross annual income or expenditure (whichever is the higher) exceeding £200,000.
Hugglescote & Donington Le Heath Parish Councils gross income or expenditure is less than £200,000 however in the spirit of the code publishes information in accordance with the codes requirements.
Further information on the code can be found here
All accounts are reported to Council for approval and details of ech payment can be found appended to the Minutes
- 2016-17 Financial Transparency Code (Word Document, 14 Kb)
Transparency Code 2016-17